Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Timing and Sequence

Focus on the goal of the practice and build on the participants


Knowing when to push harder and when to be gentle involves reading energy. What time of the day is it? What is the weather? How big is the class? Who is there?

Engineering the order of asanas is demanding and involves skills with reading energy and how to integrate something new with something familiar. Transitions and length of time holding each pose is based on experience level, energy level and participants.

The passing of time can be measured in many ways. Getting the hang of inverted physical poses means that I need to keep focused on the ground. My gaze will lead and the momentum will take me as far as I can see. Its up to me to make sure I have laid a good foundation. A good base.

No comments:

Post a Comment